1984-08-17 Sports Hall
The gig was held in parking of "Budapest Sports Hall" in front of about 25 000 people. At the second part of the gig the fence was destroyed by people who couldn't go inside earlier. There are rumours that there were 40-50,000 people at the end. (Budapest Sports Hall was destroyed in a big fire in December of 1999, but it was rebuilt some years later.)
- TV News (1:25)
- Intro (0:58)
- Aces High (4:32)
- The Trooper (3:54)
- The Number Of The Beast (4:45)
- Hallowed Be Thy Name (7:18)
- 2 Minutes To Midnight (6:12)
- Run To The Hills (3:37)
- TV News: "...tudják, mit is takar a hangzatos elnevezés, Iron Maiden, azaz a Vasszűz. Több, mint 25,000 fiatal gyűlt össze tegnap késő este a Budapest Sportcsarnok előtti parkolóban, hogy meghallgassa az angol Iron Maiden együttes koncertjét. A heavy metal stílusban zenélő, keményrockot játszó zenekar szólóénekesének hangját 48,000 W erősítette."
English translation: "... know what the sonorous name, Iron Maiden means. More than 25,000 young people came together yesterday night in parking of Budapest Sports Hall to listen to the gig of the English band, Iron Maiden. The band plays heavy metal, hard rock and their singer's voice was boosted by 48,000 W."
(During TV News we can hear parts from "Aces High" and "The Trooper".)
Note: the speaker of TV News obviously didn't know the difference between heavy metal and hard rock. :)
"Aces High" and "The Trooper" is different during TV News and on the bootleg. In my opinion TV News recording IS from Budapest and those two songs on the bootleg ARE NOT from Budapest. On the bootleg - before "Aces High" - we can hear as audience were shouting "IRON! IRON!" and Hungarian crowd has never shouted that! Hungarian crowd always shouts "MAIDEN! MAIDEN!" or "IRON MAIDEN! IRON MAIDEN!".
- "Run To The Hills" is cut near the end.
Taper and equipment